Dr Sarah Gray
GP and Women's Health Specialist located in Cornwall.
Sarah Gray is an experienced GP based in Cornwall.
She provides general healthcare in the capacity of a GP, and has 30 years’ experience in Women's Health in Primary Care. In this respect she is a specialist in her field, with national standing.
Sarah works in local practices to provide quality services within the NHS. For 15 years she ran an NHS specialist women's health clinic which served the South West. In 2016 NHS Kernow determined that specialist menopause services would not be funded and the clinic was closed. She has had private consulting rights for 20 years and is available to see patients in both Truro (Duchy Hospital) or Plymouth (Nuffield Health) most weeks.
Sarah spends considerable time teaching and training other healthcare professionals. She lectures nationally and internationally, and publishes for both a clinical audience and the public. She takes the medical phone in for BBC Radio Cornwall and has been invited on LBC, Women's Hour and the Victoria Derbyshire show. She has had articles published in the Daily Telegraph and Woman & Home. She will brief the media.
Sarah has provided leadership for women’s health within Cornwall for over 20 years. She currently has a contract with Cornwall Council to ensure governance of the sexual health services they commission. Nationally she has sat on the British Menopause Society Council and worked with NICE on the management of heavy periods. She leads performance assessment teams for the GMC.
- RCGP – Royal College of General Practitioners
- FRSH – Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
- BMS - British Menopause Society
- EMAS – European Menopause Society
- IMS – International Menopause Society
- PCWHF – Primary Care Women’s Health Forum
- HEA – Higher Education Academy
- BMA – British Medical Association
- MPS – Medical Protection Society
- GMC - General Medical Council Revalidated 2018